Friday 11 February 2011

Upcoming Canberra Model Railway Expo

I bumped into a mate of mine from the Canberra Model Railway Club the other day at Fisher Discounts in Fyshwick (Canberra).

Ron told me that the upcoming Canberra Model Railway Expo was on track for the April 2-3 weekend. The event is being held again at Kaleen High School, although I hear that the high school may have a fancier name these days on account of some new relationship with the University of Canberra. Whatever the case, I know the place as Kaleen High School!

Naturally, I will make the trip to north Canberra from south Canberra to see the exhibition and to chat with fellow railway modellers. I hope that a good contingent of interstate modellers make the trip because it's a good weekend in Canberra - some model railways and then plenty of other sites to see around the place.

Last year I got to catch up with friends from the mid-north coast of NSW which was great. Dinner at a restaurant in Dickson followed with another local modeller and a fine evening was had by all.

So if you're from outside Canberra, come to the Canberra Model Railway Expo on April 2-3 and spend some time here. It's a pretty good place to visit; even better to live here!

No comments:

Post a Comment